The We-Ko-Pa Experience
Whether you play the award-winning Cholla Course or the newer Saguaro Course, you’re in for a desert golf experience unlike any other in Arizona. At We-Ko-Pa, it’s just you, your ball and good old Mother Nature.
The We-Ko-Pa Experience begins miles from the Golf Club, where the city ends and the beautiful Sonoran Desert begins. Welcome to the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation. Here, the landscape is open, the colors are more vibrant and the mountains are seemingly within an arm’s reach away.
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by We-Ko-Pa’s award-winning clubhouse that rises from its desert surroundings. Inspired by the Yavapai culture, the clubhouse features a “desert vernacular” styling with unique detail contributions that draw inspiration from the natural environment. Sloped entry walls and a wood beam canopy create a canyon-like feel entryway, followed by a fire feature that is designed to symbolize the importance of woven baskets within the Yavapai culture. The clubhouse is replete with stylized detailing and yields spectacular views of the McDowell Mountains, Red Mountain, Four Peaks and the Superstitions.
From the moment you arrive until the time you leave us, you will receive the kind of customer service that has helped make the We-Ko-Pa Experience so special for every one of our guests. Whether you are a “local,” or in the valley on business or pleasure, our staff is here to help make your visit memorable.
Unlike other Arizona golf courses, there are no homes, condos or townhomes lining these fairways. At We-Ko-Pa, the Sonoran Desert is your neighbor and the term “high-rise” is either used to describe the ancient saguaros in the foreground or the magnificent mountains in the distance. In fact, the views are so spectacular at We-Ko-Pa that the sound, strategic playing value of the holes could possibly get overlooked. The variety in the routing and pacing of holes will keep all levels of golfers entertained from opening tee shot to final tap-in. Both courses, Cholla and Saguaro, feature an ideal blend of doglegs and straightaway holes, a mix of slender and ample fairways, a balance between benign and rugged green complexes. Yet without exception, both courses offer a host of shot-making options and plenty of grassy bail-out areas when the occasional shot gets away.
We-Ko-Pa is proudly owned by the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation.
Fort McDowell Destination includes:
- We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center: The only AAA Four Diamond resort with spa and casino in Scottsdale.
- Fort McDowell Adventures: Individuals and groups can experience adventure tours, horseback riding, Friday Night Franks Cookout, all on a spacious 25,000-acre terrain.
- We-Ko-Pa Golf Club: Two championship 18-hole golf courses with a 10,000 square foot desert-themed clubhouse.
- Fort McDowell Casino: Live bingo, slot machines, live keno, and six restaurants and lounges are just a few of the things to experience at the Casino.
- Eagle View RV Resort: Offering 150 sites with 24-hour security on-site, free shuttles, complimentary continental breakfast and more
- Poco Diablo Resort: Full-service resort in Sedona ideal for couples and families.